Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back To School



My kids went Back to School at the end of August. Noah began Kindergarten. I'm proud of myself for actually leaving the parking lot. Actually I had nightmares of me sitting in my van crying while Noah was in class. Anyway, I didn't realize the Keto Quirks of having to send a meal with Noah to school. We changed his eating schedule to accommodate the classroom snack time. Another tricky element is that his Kindergarten Classroom is a "Nut Free" Zone. His current school Keto meal preference is cream, raspberries, pepperoni & cream cheese sandwiches. The last quirk to deal with is lunch containers. Most are too big & make his little Keto meal look even smaller. Some plastics leak - a big "no no." All need to be easy enough to open that Noah can open them by himself. The Keto Yahoo group members had lots of great ideas but the containers above were my favorite. They are from Bed, Bath & Beyond. The lids are cold packs! Brilliant for keeping that cream cold. They seem simple but a great solution.

My prayers are going out for all of the other Moms & Dads getting teary as you leave your epileptic child in the care of his/her school staff. Taking that step, trusting their teachers & getting in your car is overwhelmingly huge! But think how great it is for our children to develop some independance!! Awesome!

I love my Keto Kid

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

©2009 KETO KID | by TNB